I had lots of fun creating a Halloween card. So early for me. Sometimes you get the new stuff and you have to jump right in.
Where do I start with this… Ok maybe as usual with the background. I started with patterned paper but stamped on it to. I used the Harlequin stencil and sponged on some Halloween Mica Stain. I stamped with two different Stampers Anonymous/Tim Holtz sets.
For the moon I used the new Tim Holtz Halloween Mica Stain which I sprayed and then cut out the circle. Then I used the Tim Holtz Moon Mask and Distress Oxide ink to create the moon.
The bats are die cut using two different sets.
The cat, the witch, the mouse and the cauldron were all die cut using the Tim Holtz Toil and Trouble die set. The really fun part was creating the look of the cauldron and the glittery witch. The witch I just put Glossy Accents on her and then added the fun glitter. The cauldron is silver Metallic Kraft-Stock covered with grit paste and then antiqued bronze & black paint. I backed the pot with paper sprayed with the Flickering Candle Mica Stain.
I have a birthday card today that I made with stamps from one of my very favorite stamp companies. That would be Hero Arts. I made this for a good friend of mine.
I just love this cute set. I am not often into the little cutsey stuff but these guys are so much fun.
To create the scene and specifically the background I did some ink blending and masking. I die cut some grass but I had to cover the grass when doing the sky and cover the sky when ink blending the grass. For the dirt I found an old Stampin Up woodblock stamp to add little dots all over. I was excited to have this come out nice so that stamp is right on my desk for future cards. The stars in the sky were stamped.
Then I stamped the critters, fire, trees and moon. I colored them with Copics and then die cut them.
I bought this little box at Michaels and used a coupon so it was not very much. I got it to put my dies in after using them so they don’t get lost in the piles.
The first thing I did was get out the book pages and cut them to fit on each side of the box. I bought a few book pages at a Scrapbooking store in Wyoming while on vacation. It was a really nice store. If you are near Laramie Wyoming check out Scraptree. They did not cost that much and it made me happy to not have to tear pages out of a book myself. Win Win. I could not get my Mod Podge open so I used 3 in 1 glue which worked better than I thought.
Second make a butterfly to see how the layered stamping goes and which ink I will use. This layering butterfly is pretty darn easy to line up. I did use my Misti but it was easier than some of them can be. Tip: I stamp the bottom (largest amount of color) first and then end with the detailed stamp. On the lighter one I used 2 Avery Elle inks and Versafine Onyx Black ink. On the darker one I used 2 Oxide inks and the Versafine. I stamped these on some off white paper and hand cut them out. I just stamped the antennae on the book page where I was going to put the butterflies.
And now about the flowers and leaves. I used the Flowers for Coloring for that. I have enjoyed using this set. After stamping the flowers on the box I made a mask for each flower. I covered each one with the mask and then stamped the leaves. I wanted the look of the leaves and flowers stamped right on the book page. I colored all of them with colored pencils.
Then I glued the butterflies to the box. It is probably hard to see but I arched the top wings just a bit to give a tiny bit of dimension.
Then I inked around the edges with Oxide Distress ink and lightly here and there on the rest of the book page. I am very happy how it came out.
This card I made for a friend who has the cutest yorkie named Cosmo. I colored the dog to look like her dog.
For the background I used some more of the fun Lawn Fawn plaid paper for fall. I love the colors. I actually colored the balloons before I even decided to use the plain paper. The colorful layer and the brown layer are both from that paper pad. So the dog and the balloon stamps are from Stampers Anonymous/Tim Holtz sets Crazy Things and Crazy Dogs. I stamped the dog and then did some masking to have the balloon strings come up kind of from the dogs tail. I also masked the balloons to have the big balloon be in the back. I usually don’t do masking to much. It was fun and had me planning carefully to get the right look. I colored the dog with Copics to look like my friends dog Cosmo. He is so cute. It was hard to blend the black and tan but it came out pretty good. The balloons are colored with Copics too. The sentiment is a random wood stamp I had. Then at the very end I decided to sprinkle some Color Shine ink sprays on the background and I happen to have colors that went with everything pretty well. So one more round of masking so that the speckles didn’t get all over everything. I was pleased with a different type look than I usually do. Fun for me.