Magenta Azalea Cards

Here is a couple watercolor cards that I made using a Magenta stamp. I made them sometime back.

Magenta Flower in Purple

For this one I used Zig Clean Color pens and a water brush pen. Some areas ran over where I didn’t want it so recently I did some fixing. While fixing the areas I lightened parts of the petals on the darker purple flower and I like the look. It is not perfect but I like it. The sentiment is stamped with Versafine Onyx black ink and a Hero Arts Stamp.

Magenta Azalea in Orange

On this I was trying to have the color go outside the lines. I would like to have the color look a little more natural and seeping like watercolor does. The thing is my mind thinks in a controlled linear type way. The flower on the right is more the look I was going for as far as outside the lines. Anyway I really like this flower image. I also used the Zig Clean Color pens on this. After I colored the flowers and leaves I stamped over it with a text stamp using the lightest brown/tan ink I could find. As far as sentiments I will add that later when I need it.

Supplies:

  • Flower – Magenta Azalea
  • Text – Hero Arts Old Letter Writing (S4878)
  • Zig Clean Color Real Brush Pens
  • Sentiment – Hero Arts Thanks A Bunch (CL663)

30 Day Color Challenge – September 2017

So yesterday I finally started watching Kathy Rac’s color challenge here. I won’t likely participate every day but I do like to color a lot so maybe I will get more done. I will be adding photos of the projects I added to this challenge here.

First day I participated. 9/4 I had this sitting around waiting to be finished coloring so here it is. It is a stamp by The Ton called Rose Terrace embossed with rose gold embossing powder and colored with Copics.

30 Day Coloring Challenge - September 2017 #1

9/5 Coloring – The image is by Magenta and called Azalea. I was trying a different coloring style that I usually do with Copics.

30 Day Coloring Challenge - September 2017 #2

Here is the finished card. I really like the look of the coloring and the way the card turned out. As you can see I added the sentiment which is from an Altenew set Persian Motifs and glued the panel to a black background.

Finished Card