Hero Arts Winter Hearth Stamp & Cut

Howdy! Today I have a Thank You card that I made for my Secret Santa. She gave me the Winter Hearth set you see used below. Kind of took awhile to get it done and sent but here it is.

What I was trying to with this stamp set is create a card for something other than Christmas which what the stamp set is about.

I die cut the fireplace out and inked that with Fired Brick Oxide Distress ink. I cut a couple extra mantel pieces out, glued them together and inked with one of the brown Oxide Distress inks.

For the fire I stamped the grate, the log and the flame. The log I colored with Copics. For the flame I may have colored with Copics but I went over it with Glaze pens to give a more interesting look which is hard to see in the photo. I colored the wall inside with some orange ink to give the look of a warm fire.

The Thank You is die cut a couple times, glued together and then colored. I went around the edges with a darker orange.


  • Hero Arts Winter Hearth Stamp & Cut set – DC221
  • Spellbinders Thank You Die set – S1-020
  • Copic Pens
  • Jelly Roll Glaze Pens

Hero Arts Haunted Digital Kit

Hello! Halloween is right around the corner so here is a little spooky fun for you. I had fun working with these Hero Arts digital images from the Haunted Kit. You can get these images along with several others in the Haunted kit at theĀ a2z Scrapbooking’s Etsy store.

Hero Arts Haunted Digital Kit

What I did first is use a ink blending tool to apply Oxide Distress ink in Shaded Lilac on some Neenah white paper. I let it dry good overnight. Not that it takes anywhere near that long but I just wanted to be sure since I was going to send it thru the printer. Using Word I arranged the haunted house, bats and pumpkins to print them out. The pumpkins were not part of the scene since I wanted to cut them out. I put the inked paper in my printer and printed the house and bats right on the Neenah paper. I printed the pumpkins on another area of the paper that was not inked.

When I got to working more with my design I didn’t really like the background color. Again using a ink blending tool I went over the lighter purple with Oxide Distress ink in Wilted Violet. You have to be careful and not go over the printed areas to much. I think the double inking made the sky look more blustery like a Halloween night.

For the house I used a glaze pen to color in all the windows. It leaves a shiny slightly raised look.

For the pumpkins I cut them out and colored over the stem with a Copic marker to make it more brown. For the face I filled in those areas with Nuvo drops in Dandelion Yellow. It’s a little more raised than the glaze pen windows. I had a cat cut out too but it just wasn’t working for me so the cat did not make it on to the card.

For the sentiment I was trying something that worked out really nice. First of all I want to mention that this sentiment is in the Spooky Labels digital kit but I used the exact same stamp in the wood block version. So… I first stamped Happy Halloween using a yellow/orange Oxide ink. Well it did not show up that well. So I thought I will try to stamp over it using my wood block stamp using black ink. We all know lining up with wood block stamps is not going to happen. I was lucky to land very evenly with the stamp and what happened is I ended up with a shadow around the sentiment that I think looks pretty cool. Love those oh wow moments.