Here we go with the many cards I created for the Hero Holiday Stamp-Along. I just love their events and I am always happy with the cards I make. Their teachers are great and I always learn some new ways to use my supplies. Thanks to Hero Arts!
For these Hero Arts events they use the most current stamps, dies and supplies. You don’t have to have them. If you are like me you probably have lots of things in your stash that you can use. I substituted a bunch on these cards. And… after I ended up buying some of the stamps and dies and won a stamp and die set.
Class 1 -Love this pretty card designed by Daniel. Heat embossing, fussy cutting.
Class 2 – Pretty card designed by Mindy. Above is my original and below I added a couple sprigs that are foiled. The rest is heat embossing on the card.
Class 3 – A sweet forest critter scene designed by Jessica. A glittery snow bank and some embossing paste thru a stencil. Heat embossed sentiment.
Class 4 – A swinging card by Jennifer. The background is embossed with a cover plate die. The fun is the whole circle with the sprigs and sentiment swings back and forth and it is not hard to make.
Class 5 – Card design by Nichol. Heat embossing, ink blending and stamping with white ink for a nice background.
Class 6 – Such a pretty card by Libby. We painted with Hero Arts wax, glittered and die cut. I did not have the red wax so I colored gold wax with red reinker. For the sentiment it is also wax applied to paper then die cut and glittered. Again I had gold wax and colored it with Distress red paint.
Class 7 – A cool card by Lydia. She showed us a shadow trick. Just take the moose from where it will be and turn it upside down right under it’s spot. Then draw a light trace line and color with a gray pen. Another snowy hill, this time I applied Hero Arts Glitter Paste to the hill. I already covered up something with the hill and it’s fairly textured so I did not try to do the shadow but I have that in my little brain to try soon. I like the black and white moose on this. I also used some texture paste and a stencil.
Class 8 – A fun sparkly card by Robin. Heat embossing and the pretty background spritzed with shimmer spray. I put kind of a heavy spray on it but the shimmer is hard to see in the photo.
Class 9 – This card was done by the always entertaining Laura. Some ink blending, die cutting vellum and heat embossing.
Class 10 – A colorful card by Channin. I enjoy Channin’s ideas because they often have some multi colors involved. Heat embossing and some water spritzing were part of this too. Since I did not have the new cool star stamps for this card I used 3-4 Hero Arts background stamps to make the patterns and then cut the stars out.
These last 3 cards are kind of bonus cards. Hero Arts was selling a digital image set to raise money. I bought it and Jenn Shurkus did an evening coloring session that I really enjoyed. I am not sure if I have been in a class by her and I like her teaching style. Kind of a calming coloring session with lots of coloring tips for Copics. I am very happy with these cards. And can I also say she had us getting out prisma glitter and that stuff is super cool. Don’t ask how long that has been in my stash or how long since I have used it. It needs to stay out and get used more.
Just a little note on printing the digital images. Sometimes printing with an ink jet printer and coloring causes some running of the black printing. But.. I printed mine a few hours before coloring and then used my heat tool to dry it more and I had no black ink run into the coloring I was doing.
- Hero Arts Poinsettia Flowers stamp
- Background stamp from the Hero Arts September 2022 My Monthly Hero Kit
- Hero Arts Snowflakes and Ornament die
- Hero Arts Woodland Forest stencil
- Dreamweaver Glossy White embossing paste (don’t ask how old this is)
- Hero Arts Fuzzy Winter Animals
- Hero Arts White Glitter Paper
- Gold Glitter embossing powder
- Copic pens
- Hero Arts Christmas Holidays Stamp & Cut set
- Kat Scrappiness Peacock Backdrop die
- Hero Arts Ornament Peek-A-Boo stamp set
- Tim Holtz foliage die set (can’t remember which one)
- My Favorite Things Merry Christmas die
- Ranger Texture Paste Opaque Matte
- Hero Arts Glitter Paste
- Hero Arts November 2017 My Monthly Hero set
- Spellbinders Stars Five die set
- Bo Bunny Christmas Card die set
- Silver embossing powder
- Hero Arts White Iridescent Shimmer spray
- Holly die from Elizabeth Craft Designs December Day by Day kit
- Several Hero Arts background stamps for card #10 (Snowflake Pattern, Spice Market Large Petal, Lattice, Flourish Background)
- Black embossing powder
- Hero Arts digital image to help with Hurricane Ian buy it here
- Hero Arts Reactive Inks
- Probably a few things I forgot…