Recently I made a card for a friend that has two cats. Of course I had to use some Tim Holtz cats. I used Crazy Cats. I am really happy how this turned out.
The background for my card is a piece I created some time ago. I think I smooshed some Distress Oxide ink onto watercolor paper. I stamped the yarn balls and fish bones, from the Crazy Cats set, using a brown Distress Oxide ink. It is hard to see but I also stamped the numbers from the Faded Type stamp set in a light green Distress Oxide ink. They are kind of hard to spot.
The sentiment is stamped.
For the cats I ink blended Black Soot and Hickory Smoke. I then stamped the cats over the ink and heat embossed using black embossing powder. I stamped the eyes again and cut them out and glued them to the cats and added Glossy Accents. I cut the cats out by hand.
The present and the balloon is from the Crazy Things set. I smooshed some Distress Oxide on a mat and watercolored the present. For the balloon I used a glaze pen to make it shiny. The milk bottle is from Crazy Cats set and it has Glossy Accents on it and the label is colored in with a Copic pen. I cut all of these out by hand. The balloon string was drawn on.
Howdy! I am not quite done with Halloween.. Here is a card I made using a Whipper Snapper Designs stamp. I don’t remember where I got it. I went to their website and they have some really fun Halloween stamps.
Cutesy type stamps are not my norm but this is such a cute little scene.
I stamped the image and colored everything in with Copics even the background. The pumpkin cut out spots, the bat and the moon all have Glaze pens or Nuvo Crystal Drops on them which is hard to see in this photo except for maybe the moon. I then cut out the scene and the black layer using a die and glued them all together.
Whipper Snapper Designs Pumpkin Fence stamp
My Favorite Things Wonky Stitched Rectangles die set
I am very slowly catching up on posting my cards that I have already posted in Flickr. I was way behind.
The image was stamped using a Stampendous stamp called Christmas Cottage. I colored it with colored pencils. I went over the snow on the fence and on top of the house with a white glaze pen. I cut it out with a Spellbinders die Curved Rectangles. The background is some Christmas paper I had around. I am not real pleased with the image just on top of the patterned paper but I was struggling and just went with it.
The background for the two dogs was created with an embossing folder Bricks by The Paper Studio. After embossing I painted over the bricks with a couple of red Distress Oxide inks.
The two dogs and the ball are from the Tim Holtz Crazy Dog set (CMS271). I colored all of them with Copics and hand cut them out. On their eyes and noses I used a glaze pen. It took me awhile to find the glaze pen because the black was in the pencil cup upside down. My eyes just didn’t spot that for awhile. I had it up at Lake Tahoe so I was glad to see I did not leave it there. The ball by Lucy is there because she would play fetch for the entire day and night if you kept throwing for her. It’s kind of funny too sometimes if you throw an orange ball instead of her favorite yellow ones she will just watch it go and drop and not even go after it.
The sentiment was cut out with a die from Elizabeth Crafts.
Entered in the Love! – Handmade Cards October Challenge located here.
We had a fun 24 hour Scramble ending this morning. I made my card yesterday and took a little longer than the 90 minutes. Scramble 152 was hosted by LaVon and her theme was use a single image 3 times. I decided I wanted to use a wood mount Hero Arts stamp because they don’t come out as much.
Background – That took a few passes and I started with different colors that I didn’t like. These are Oxide inks Peeled Paint and Fossilized Amber watered down on wet watercolor paper.
The flowers – I heat embossed them with brass embossing powder. The stamp doesn’t have a name but the number is H5481. One of them, as you can see, I colored in painting with Oxide inks Fired Brick and Spiced Marmalade. Towards the center of the flower I used Vintage Photo Distress ink. The center of the flower was done with a yellow Glaze pen. The other two flowers are just heat embossed on the watercolor background with that same brass powder.
The leaves – They are from Hero Arts set Three Dotted Flowers (CG291). I heat embossed them with the brass powder and painted them with Oxide ink Peeled Paint and a tiny bit of watered down Vintage Photo Distress ink.
The sentiment – It’s from Hero Arts set It’s Your Day (CL661) stamped with Vintage Photo Distress ink.