For Linda’s Scramble today she tied into the Hero Arts Challenge of holiday cards and added a twist of including a tree.
For the background papers I used some DCWV papers from a few years ago. It is called Winter in the Woods. The frame is cut with a Lawn Fawn die called Say Cheese Polaroid Frame.
The deer, trees and sentiment are from Hero Arts set Christmas Reindeer (CL540). The trees are stamped with Vivid Vintage Green ink and one of them colored with a Zig watercolor pen. The reindeer was colored with Copics and I hand cut him and the trees. The sentiment is heat embossed with brown powder.
I recently was sent this book of images for travel from DCWV. It is called Color & Create and it about travel. There are 65 images in the book. What is cool about it is you can color the images how ever you want and use it for travel scrapbook pages and several other things. The globe type image shown below would be good for the cover of a travel journal or first page of a scrapbook about a trip. Joann Fabric & Craft Stores carry them.
Some cool things inside:
- Many pages of maps of all different countries
- Fun 6X8 images including some landmarks from around the world
- Some greetings you could use for cards
- Some pages with two images so they become 4X6
- Some pages have 4 images that become 3X4 and some can be made into luggage tags. I like the idea of coloring your own luggage tag. You will never see another one like it.