Howdy, here I am again with a home decor project. Sometimes you think what the heck am I going to make instead of a card then you get rolling and dive in. I have really enjoyed the projects I have made for the June challenge over at a2z Scrapbooking. I made another thing for my craft room. It is going to sit in my craft room next to my computer to hold my birthday lists. I like them right in front of me so I can quickly see the birthdays coming up. That is not a guarantee of timeliness though….
To start off my project I got this wood stand at Michaels craft store. I used Distress paint in a few different colors of brown to paint the wood.
For the butterflies I used the Hero Arts Color Layering Monarch Butterfly stamp set and the Flutterbies Printable digital set. Both of these are available in the a2z Scrapbooking Etsy shop. First I used my Misti to stamp the 3 layers of the larger monarch butterfly. For the 2 smaller butterflies I used the Flutterbies Printable kit to print the pdf with 6 butterflies on it. I just told the printer I was printing on a 4X6 piece of paper which in reality I used an 8 1/2 X 11 piece of Neenah paper. This makes all of the butterflies print smaller. I colored the 2 purple ones with Copic pens. I hand cut all of the butterflies but the Monarch Butterfly matching die is available in the a2z Etsy store. I glued these down over the branches. There are little strips of foam under part of the wings of the orange butterfly and under the purple butterfly on the right to give them some dimension.
Check out the a2z Etsy store and use my discount code karen15 to get 15% off your purchase of $25 or more.
Here comes the tricky part…. I decided I wanted to die cut the branches out of Tim Holtz plain tissue paper. You need to make it more stable to run it through a die cut machine. I put some 2 sided adhesive on the tissue and die cut 2 of the branches. The trickiest part is after you take off the backing paper you have a very delicate branch that you have to keep from sticking to itself and get it on to that wood without ripping it. The first one, all good. The second one I had to fight with it.
The clasp that holds the paper at the top is colored with Alcohol Ink.
Here is a look without the list. I am going to have to redo the lists so the color ink on the lists match the butterflies. I just mean any orange and purple. It’s going to bug me if I don’t. Ha!