I had some fun today making this at my local paper crafting store. We are so lucky to have this great store. They have the latest and greatest stamps, dies and paper. Many other crafty things too. It is called Live Happy Paper Crafts in Danville, California. On some Mondays they have free make n takes. This was so cute I had to go up and make one.
This was made with a Hero Arts color layering pineapple set. The background is just one layer of the top leaves of the pineapple stamped randomly or in lines (depending on how your mind works) with Hero Arts ink. The pineapples were cut out with dies and then stamped with a Misti type tool. The hints I got today from Veronica was to cut the pineapple out from your white paper then cut it out again with a different color like kraft. Use that negative piece to line things up. So put the negative piece in your Misti or similar tool then put the stamp piece in the negative piece and shut the lid and pick up the stamp. Then put your diecut in the negative space and stamp. I just never thought of doing that and it helps make things easier. So away I went stamping the layers this way. One pineapple is glued down on the background and the other has foam tape under it. The sentiment I think is also from that stamp set which I do not have. All the inks were Hero Arts too. Fun!
I created this for the Merry Monday challenge this week with the theme of wreath.
You can check out Merry Monday here. This was fun to create.
- I created the background bricks using a stencil from My Favorite Things called Small Brick Wall (ST-46). I mixed the embossing paste with Fired Brick Oxide ink.
- The wreath and holly are from an Impression Obsession die set (DIE23-X). The wreath and leaves are cut from colored cardstock. I layered 2 wreaths. The lower wreath has a bit of Heidi Swapp gold Color Shine sprayed on it but I didn’t love it so I kind of tucked it underneath.
- The holly leaves were a bit tedious to cut since there are only the two leaves connected together. I put some Nuvo clear drop on them to create a bit of shine. I spread it with my finger to not have it be to thick. I am not crazy about the look but there it is.
- The berries I created with Nuvo drops. I think I need a bit of practice. Some of them kind of ran together. One bunch of them I completely removed and redid them.
- The sentiment is cut with a die from Find It Trading which you will see on many of my cards. I love the way it looks and the size too. I used a Xyron sticker maker to add adhesive to the sentiment. I got the sticker maker in a package from a thrift store and it didn’t work to well on getting the adhesive removed from around the word so I may be dumping that roll of adhesive. I sprayed the sentiment with a little bit of the gold Color Shine.
Just a quick post. It was fun to finally find a copy of Simply Cards & Papercraft magazine with the Altenew layering rose in the package!
Welcome to my blog! Finally I am creating a blog for myself. I follow many crafting and cooking blogs so I thought it was time to join in on the fun.