I created this for the Merry Monday challenge this week with the theme of wreath.
You can check out Merry Monday here. This was fun to create.
- I created the background bricks using a stencil from My Favorite Things called Small Brick Wall (ST-46). I mixed the embossing paste with Fired Brick Oxide ink.
- The wreath and holly are from an Impression Obsession die set (DIE23-X). The wreath and leaves are cut from colored cardstock. I layered 2 wreaths. The lower wreath has a bit of Heidi Swapp gold Color Shine sprayed on it but I didn’t love it so I kind of tucked it underneath.
- The holly leaves were a bit tedious to cut since there are only the two leaves connected together. I put some Nuvo clear drop on them to create a bit of shine. I spread it with my finger to not have it be to thick. I am not crazy about the look but there it is.
- The berries I created with Nuvo drops. I think I need a bit of practice. Some of them kind of ran together. One bunch of them I completely removed and redid them.
- The sentiment is cut with a die from Find It Trading which you will see on many of my cards. I love the way it looks and the size too. I used a Xyron sticker maker to add adhesive to the sentiment. I got the sticker maker in a package from a thrift store and it didn’t work to well on getting the adhesive removed from around the word so I may be dumping that roll of adhesive. I sprayed the sentiment with a little bit of the gold Color Shine.