Here is a look at the four cards I entered at the county fair. This is my third year entering.
The categories are:
- Thank You
Below I will describe how I made the cards and how I did at the fair. But first… Here’s a little question for you.
Other Category – Hello
- Background – ink blending
- Background die – Memory Box Bengal Background
- Butterflies – Hero Arts Antique Engravings (CL383). I heat embossed the butterflies, colored them and then sprayed them with Sheer Shimmer Spritz.
- Sentiment – Lawn Fawn Die Scripty Hello. I cut out the Hello using black paper then put some Nuvo Crystal Glaze over it.
- Background – Stamped with a Heidi Swapp Script stamp
- Flowers – White heat embossed with WPlus9 Kind Soul set. Colored with Prismacolor pencils. Flower arrangement hand cut.
- Sentiment – Die cut with an Elizabeth Crafts die called Happy Birthday strangely enough.
Thank You Category
- Background – Embossed with a Paper Studio embossing folder and inked.
- Flower – Die cut using Hero Arts Paper Layering Sunflower (DI435). Colored added using Oxide Distress ink and on the leaf veins a copic pen.
- Sentiment – Die cut with a Spellbinder die called Thank You (S1-020). Paper colored with Oxide Distress ink.
Wow I made several of these and never wrote up and blogged about the making of this card.
- Background – I stamped the poinsettia’s in Versamark using the Hero Arts set Color Layering Dimensional Bird (CL906). The berries are obviously red ink.
- The branch – I stamped the branch then die cut it using the dies (DI153) that go with the set mentioned above. The branch stamp and die seem a bit miss matched so I fixed it up a bit by coloring it.
- The bird – I stamped the bird using the same set. It is fun because all the different areas on the bird are seperate pieces so you can make it nice and colorful. I stamped a second top wing and die cut it for a little bit of layering. The feet also are cut out with a die.
- The sentiment – Guess what? It is from the same set. Just stamped on the background.
So I got a little spoiled my first year and maybe a little my second year. This time I did not do as well but that is ok. You can’t win every time and there are some good cardmakers out there. It is a lot of fun to just share your cards.
Drum roll…. My flower Thank You card is the only winner. It got a 3rd place and Judges Favorite.
Thanks so much for participating in the poll if you did. Thanks for making it to the bottom if you hung in there. And thanks for being supportive!