Today I am hosting the Scramble. You have 90 minutes to create and post your card during a 24 hour period of time.
I got my ideas for today’s Scramble thinking about my Dad. It is Father’s Day next weekend and his birthday is at the end of the month. He is turning 88 this year and still on his own and driving. Amazing. I am looking forward to seeing him next week.
The theme for Scramble #154 is 3 three things.
– Create a masculine card
– Use a different size from the usual A2
– Throw a little decor on the envelope
I challenged myself too coming up with 2 masculine cards which for me are not that easy. Here is what I came up with for my examples.
The card size is 5 X 5 which I now realize should have been 5 1/2 X 5 1/2. Not exactly standard but at least it fits in the envelope.
The Hero Arts stamps I used are:
Set Sail (CL842)
Many Birthday Messages (CL611)
Days & Month (CL687)
I stamped the ships wheel and the little sailboats on the background with Versamark. The wheel is from the Set Sail set and the little boat is from the Days & Month set. For the textured ships wheel I stamped with Versamark and used Stampendous Chunky Gold embossing powder. You have to be careful with this powder and heat it from underneath so you don’t blow all the bigger chunks off the paper. I hand cut the wheel out. For the greeting and arrow things I used brass embossing powder. The arrow is from the Set Sail set.
My card size for this one is an A6 size card. I once went in a stationery store and just grabbed many little packets of random sizes of envelopes to have them. It was years ago and I haven’t run out of any of them.
The Hero Arts stamps used:
Striped Arrow (G5799)
The sentiment is a stamp from the Artful Stamper which I have had for quite awhile.
The die shape is cut with a set from Bo Bunny called Nested Fancy Frame Dies.
Oxide Distress Inks used: Faded Jeans, Broken China, Cracked Pistachio, Peeled Paint.
Regular Distress Inks used: Chipped Sapphire and Peeled Paint.
On some Bristol paper I applied some Oxide Distress ink with the blending tool. For the arrows I can’t remember if I sprayed and dropped water or just dropped water. For the sentiment I sprayed over the Oxide ink. Then I stamped the arrows and sentiment. For the arrows outlines I stamped with regular Distress inks and hand cut them out. It took me a few times of moving the arrows around to make them look more interesting. My mind thinks fairly linear but sometimes you need go for a more random look. One little oops is the green arrow near the top was supposed to be glued down the other direction but it went down and everything else was glued so I couldn’t really fix it. So here it is…
Just some simple stamping to dress up the envelopes a bit. The arrows were stamped with Oxide ink. The whale was stamped with Chipped Sapphire Distress ink and the other image with Quick Quotes ink Creamy Cocoa.